[pianotech] Questions RE: Mason & Hamlin 50 Studio Piano #88621

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Jan 4 17:31:53 MST 2010

Mike:

By 1985 Aeolean & Mason & Hamlin had some production problems.  My suspicion would be too long speaking length - like they put the treble bridge on too low.  Measure the speaking length of C8 and see what it is.  If it's longer than 53mm or so you've discovered the problem.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu<mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>