[pianotech] Key wood prep....was....Applying PVC-E

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 19:33:59 MST 2010

  Me too Dave.
  And....Wonder if he still has all his fingers. No freakin gaurd!! One oops and yer all done.
  Dale

The link is:
http://picasaweb.google.com/guitarstring52/KEYMACHINE
It would be nice to see an actual piano key in the setup?  Got any of those?
David Ilvedson, RPT
acifica, CA  94044
rom: "Richard Gullion" <pianoguy52 at hotmail.com>
o: pianotech at ptg.org
eceived: 1/4/2010 4:43:44 AM
ubject: Re: [pianotech] Key wood prep....was....Applying PVC-E

>here is a link to the set up for key planing and notching
http://picasaweb.google.com/guitarstring52/KEYMACHINE
>Richard the "Piano Guy"
Piano Moving-Tuning-Repairs-Refinishing
>www.thepianoguy.webs.com

>> From: davidlovepianos at comcast.net
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:54:44 -0800
> Subject: Re: [pianotech] Key wood prep....was....Applying PVC-E
>
> To be honest, I never plane the key fronts.  Just a sharp chisel to take of
> the original front. Otherwise, you are correct.
>
> David Love
> www.davidlovepianos.com

Behalf
> Of Duane McGuire
> Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 7:48 PM
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Subject: Re: [pianotech] Key wood prep....was....Applying PVC-E
>
> Answering my own question ... I'd guess that you use a registration
> block temporarily set across your rails?
>
> On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Duane McGuire <pianoman at duanemcguire.com>
> wrote:
> > David:  I like this!  When planing the key fronts, what do you use to
> > register the front of the key for a uniform cut?
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM, David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
> wrote:
> >> I use this set up with a router.  Just the router base is pictured but
> you
> >> adjust the router in the base to get the depth of cut you want.
> >>

> >> David Love
> >>
> >> www.davidlovepianos.com

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
acebook.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691816