[pianotech] Blüthner patent action

Jan van Nieukerken janvan81 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:44:58 MST 2010

Hi list,

What kind of consequences in tone or value have the following thing.
I want to build in an old Blüthner (serial 4843) a modern action.

My opinion is  a modern action when it's regulated well , easier and more nuances has than the Blüthner patent action. Is this correct or not? When there more energy goes to the hammer , less friction the tone should be better. But is it permitted to remove the original action from this kind of instrument. What does it with the value of the instrument historical and in money or isn't it too say?

Regards , Jan

__________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4743 (20100104) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door  ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com