[pianotech] Filemaker Pro Templates

Barb Nobbe barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Tue Jan 5 10:00:31 MST 2010

I use a customer database that syncs with Quickbooks called Service Sidekick. It's a web-based program that you can customise for what you want to record for your clientele. If you already are using a database that can be condensed to a spreadsheet like format, the company will input all your current data into whatever fields you choose.

I used QB's version of Customer Manager for 3 years, but just wasn't satisfied.

I like Service Sidekick because with my BlackBerry, I always have my database with me and also because it's web-based, I'm not afraid that I'll lose my info on my harddrive.

It has lots of other little perks too, like a link to google maps off of the customer address and, again, off of my phone, I can just tap on the phone number to call my customer instead of write the # down and dial.

You can set up whatever reports you like to run as well, such as who's in need for their tunings and sort customers by area to try to plan your days easier. You can do mass email notices to your customers, you can email your invoices or statements from it, and several other features that a small business needs.

I've been using the program a year now and still always find something new that helps me better use my data better.

Now, keeping up with the data entry, while carrying a full workload on the road every week...well, that's another story.  There's a reason I left my office job to be a piano technician.  :-)

Barbara Nobbe, RPT
Pitch Perfect
859-489-4793
barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com