[pianotech] Best way to change touch on Yamaha Grand

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 17:37:08 MST 2010

After checking out the friction things, I'd first go for things that aren't a lot of work. You can do the half-punching trick (glue the existing cloth punching on the rear side of the key, cut it in half removing the front part of the punching--you'll lose about 4 grams or so--or at least that's how much change there was on my piano) or consider using the TouchRail available from Scott Jones.

Barbara Richmond