[pianotech] Best way to change touch on Yamaha Grand

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Jan 6 16:29:35 MST 2010

"- Move the key stick fulcrum point on the center rail. You can accomplish
that by putting a shim near the pin (in front or behind, depending on where
the ratio needs to move). This method is very effective in its ability to
shift the ratio. You may want to study how the hole in the key will move
relative to the pin and new fulcrum point. Most people who use this method
don't report any problems."  Vladen, could you explain a bit more completely
how you go about doing this?  I am having trouble visualizing your shim -
fulcrum in terms of material used and its co-existence with balance rail
punching and felts.  Thanks.

Will Truitt