[pianotech] Best way to change touch on Yamaha Grand

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 7 11:21:15 MST 2010

Denise Rachel wrote:
> Me again.  No, I did not select the thicker plastic.  I just assumed
> that all dimensions would be retained.

As you had every realistic expectation to assume. Don't try to
"fix" the mistake by adding more mistakes. Get someone
competent to remove the key tops, and recover the keys to the
proper overall thickness (and length, if the fronts are done
too). Then use the competent recoverer for all future work,
and never again have anything to do with the first one.

Ron N