[pianotech] Growing leads

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 7 15:31:13 MST 2010

I'm in the middle of replacing all the key leads on an Apollo grand.   We talked a lot about this not long ago.    Search the archives...  www.ptg.org     down near bottom on the right.   In general many think it is an ongoing problem that sealing will not solve in the long term.   I recommended replacement and the customer went for the extra cost.   When replacing, use a drill press and a punch.   David Stanwood has a couple of youtube videos and one has a lady punching out leads like this.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044