[pianotech] Bluthner soundboard problem?

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Jan 7 15:36:53 MST 2010

Hi Brian,

Good points, thanks.  I did check the bridges (not capped) as well as
the bridge pins - they seem solid to the soundboard.  I didn't make that
thorough an inspection of the ribs, so I may do that, to see if there is
any looseness either side of the hairline cracks.  I checked for loose
objects on the soundboard, but didn't find anything.

Thanks for those suggestions!  The effect is subtle, but definitely
there, and now that my customer has heard it, he can't ignore it!

Best regards,

David Boyce.