[pianotech] aural checks and verituner

martin cipolla pianodoctor at msn.com
Fri Jan 8 06:45:55 MST 2010

Gregor,
What notes to you measure before starting with A0 to C8?

Thanks,
Marty

From: karlkaputt at hotmail.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:01:47 +0100
Subject: Re: [pianotech] aural checks and verituner

Zoe,

I do aural checks, but only after having tuned the complete piano with Verituner. Usually I am satisfied with the VT result, but not always with the bass strings. There I touch up auraly. I tune unisons as I go. After measuring some notes I start with A0 and go up to C8.

Gregor

piano technician - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de