[pianotech] In a quandry

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jan 9 17:06:19 MST 2010

Don wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an impecunious client who has a Kimball 5'8" from the Bosendorfer
> years.

That's not a client, that's a charity case.

> My question is how to preserve this situation while adjusting the damper
> timing enough for the singing to stop.

You've already lost. I'd explain that I can't fix it without
fixing it, and I can't fix it for free. If that doesn't work,
maybe Induce just enough lost motion to let the dampers barely
seat. Minimum time, and tell her you'll be off planet for the
next 76 years.
Ron N