[pianotech] Best Coil Lifter?

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 17:12:24 MST 2010

I think the reason your coil lifter broke is that you might be trying to lift the coil when there is too much tension on the string. I simply use a string hook and apply tension to the string while lifting the string. I find this easier than trying to lift the coil after the tension is on. If I find one that is not OK, I'll just release tension and lift while bringing the tension up again.

Marcel Carey,
Sherbrooke, QC