[pianotech] Ivory

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Sun Jan 10 20:21:41 MST 2010

From: David Pritchard
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:03 PM
Subject: [pianotech] Ivory

What do you guys and gals do with all the chipped ivory heads when you replace the ivory with plastic?

Well, for years I have saved it ALL and wondered why.  Of course the good stuff gets used for keyboard repairs, but what to do with the five gallon buckets filled with damaged stuff?

A couple years ago I started 'doing' a couple crafts shows each season selling original miniature oil paintings (a previous career in art education) and painted ivory jewelry (necklaces and earrings - flowers, lighthouses, ships, seashells, holly and poinsettias at the holidays).  Sell lots for far less than I should, but then...it's fun.

Debbie L.
Rockport, MA