[pianotech] hammers or strings?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Jan 11 08:37:30 MST 2010

I have taught one concert pianist how to replace strings and got him reels of string from 13.5 gauge to 16 or so.  I also got an inexpensive tuning lever, stringing hook, some mutes etc. so he could do the job.  Personally, I think any pianist or piano teacher should know how to do some simple jobs like this.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu