[pianotech] S & S Bearings...was Punching Trick???

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 11:16:17 MST 2010

On a related note, has anyone retrofitted a standard keyboard with S&S
bearings? How much difference did it make and how much trouble was it?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of these.

I have done that on two pianos. One was the Irish P.O.S. with all plastic parts, including keys. I liked the concept and found that it worked well in that application. The only thing needed that would be out of the ordinary is the longeer balance rail pins. Made a good retrofit project.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I