[pianotech] Ivory

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 19:03:03 MST 2010

I save all Ivory chipped or not. The Ivory that is not chipped gets sorted and  put in tuning pin boxes, (labled). However, I always check with the client to make sure they do not want it back! (Always!) The Ivory that is chipped or just plain nasty, I save in coffee cans. When the can gets full I can always find a Luthier, (guitars and such), who can use it for inlay purposes. They drool, big time, when they get it!<G> If the client wants it back, I save all the chunks, etc. and put them all in a zip lock bag. I also tell them what the stuff sells for from our suppliers, which is the only "market" I know of, for thin stuff like we have.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police