[pianotech] Kawai UST7 sluggish action

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:46:55 MST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM, <erwinspiano at aol.com> wrote:

> Has anyone run into a situation where a Kawai USt7 has a sluggish
> action...if so were you able to come up with a successful remedy, and/or did
> you find it was covered by waranty?  The one I am tuning doesn't look that
> old (s/n 1,470,000).....
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

Dale,

I don't often find problems with sluggishness in Kawai pianos. But, when it
appears, it's generally in the keys. Usually at the balance hole, but
occasionally a tight key bushing.

One other thing to check is the jack stop rail. If it's too close, it can
cause intermittent sluggishness that can be difficult to diagnose.

Other than that, I guess everything else is gonna be "the basics."

--
JF