[pianotech] Follow up on UST-7 pinning issues

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 07:11:58 MST 2010

Hi Dave.
 Yes I agree that they are good instituional piano.
  We disconnected all the bridles to remove the wips from the equation,tested to see which ones were really stiff. 90% were.
  Jacob & I sized all the flange bushings with a 3 parts alcohol to one part water. We re- pinned only a few of the tightest then put the actions in the hot box for 3 hrs at 80 degress 30% r.h. I can now push on the backcheck to engage the butt, move it thru let-off and they are now free enough for the  springs to push them back toward the checks. No loose pinning.
  total time was about 2 hrs apiece. Customer is happy
  Just thought you'd like to know.
  Regards
  Dale Erwin

 WWW.Erwinspiano.com