[pianotech] Samick decal lifting

Phil Ryan pryan2 at the-beach.net
Thu Jan 14 16:18:39 MST 2010

Had a problem like that a while back. Not sure it was a Samick, but the
decal (actually a heavy plastic sticker) had curled up at the edges and
was actually touching the underside of the treble strings creating a
buzz.   I took a q-tip dipped in white carpenter glue and coated the
edges of the decal. Then held it down with a bunch of silver dollar
coins the owner had.  While it was drying, I tuned the piano and later,
we fished out the coins.  Not a perfect job, but it solved the buzzing
problem and the owner was happy.

Phil Ryan