[pianotech] Action Ratios Recap

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Thu Jan 14 17:08:54 MST 2010

John, the same day of your detailed and interesting message, David Love
asked you:
OK.  So then from a practical standpoint, when converting action ratios as
calculated by a product of levers to the relationship between dip and the
requisite hammer rise to achieve a targeted blow distance with adequate
aftertouch, what would you use?

and I asked you:
John, could you please add a definition of PROFILE?

Having received no response, it seemed to me (with some disappointment) that
you elected not to participate further.

It would be very useful if you can apply the trigonometry to the practical
question raised by David. And I would like a definition of PROFILE.

Jason Kanter

jason's cell 425 830 1561