[pianotech] personal question- where did you learn PT?

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:23:32 MST 2010

    Nine-month program at a tiny school in Newton Center
(Boston), Massachusetts, 1978-79.  No longer in existence.
(Didn't know about North Bennett Street until after I was
already enrolled in the other program.)  We learned tuning,
basic repairs, regulation, a little on refinishing, bridge
replacement, restringing.  Everything else I learned from
various books and from other techs at PTG chapter meetings,
seminars, conventions, and, of course, the Journal .
    --David Nereson, RPT