[pianotech] CA combustion

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Fri Jan 15 13:38:02 MST 2010

OK,

So I had a little time to try and start fires this morning and no luck.
Nothing remarkable to report even.  However, the only tissue we had in the
house was some funky blue polka dot Kleenex that has some sort of
antibacterial stuff in it.  I didn't even get a puff of smoke or a whiff of
sulfur.  Very disappointing.  So, I'll have to try it again when I have some
plain old dry Kleenex and see if that works.  For now, the results I
experienced lo those many years ago are unrepeatable.  Probably still won't
reach for Kleenex as my "mop" of choice for CA, though.

William R. Monroe