[pianotech] age-old question of what to charge for almost nothing

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 15:00:22 MST 2010

Why the constant and invidious comparisons to other trades? We are (I am) a
 piano technician, with the desire to foster an art, and the artful use of
the  instrument on which I work. I do it for a living. My living includes
making many  decisions about how I will work with, treat, and charge my
clients. I allow  myself to vary my response to certain conditions and needs. It
is how I have  chosen to live and work. I am not an electrician or plumber,
and I don't want  the brain of either, bless them for their skilled work. I
want the brain of a  piano technician. Have we no speciality?

Paul

In a message dated 1/15/2010 3:45:48 P.M. Central Standard Time,