[pianotech] insurance evaluation on a Steinway B

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Jan 17 03:23:11 MST 2010

I tell my customer to get this appraisal from me or another technician in
writing, whether depreciation or replacement value.  I send two copies to
the customer, one for their records and one for them to send to their
insurance company.  That way, there is no dispute as to the assigned value
if the house burns down or other misfortune befalls them.  Of course, I
typically charge for my time here.

Will Truitt