[pianotech] Return visit

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 18:36:38 MST 2010

Rick

You can tell her until you're blue in the face about the effects of humidity on her piano, but if you can show her what other piano tuners say about the effects changes in humidity have on the soundboard, perhaps you'll have a fighting chance. Besides the pamphlets put out by the PTG and Damppchaser, I have an article on my web site that explains in detail what happens to the soundboard when the humidity changes. http://www.bleespiano.com/tuning.pdf. I've adopted it to Hawaii weather, but the intent is there. Feel free to download it, make a copy, or send her my web page.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789