[pianotech] Return visit

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jan 17 21:33:25 MST 2010

pianofritz50 at aol.com wrote:
> Paul, there seems to be a contradiction when you first mention that you
> "tactlessly" informed a teacher about a bad piano, and then "I do still
> occasionally get a referral from her (the teacher.)".  Kind of a Catch-22 ?

No. The most fiercely loyal customers I have are very often the result
of whacking them between the eyes with the undiluted truth as I have
to present. Through most of their lives, no one has considered them
worthy of the truth, and some people actually recognize that they're
getting my best shot, and process the information as honestly as I try
to present it. The smart ones get it, and are delighted. Lights go on,
and concepts click into place. It's a major hoot! The ones that need
to be schmoozed with bullshit tend to go elsewhere and remain in the
dark. They are the "job" part of this business.
Ron N