[pianotech] Running a Business as a business.

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 15:45:54 MST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Gerald Groot <tunerboy3 at comcast.net> wrote:

>  *12.  Treat your customers as you would have them treat you - with
> kindness and respect.*
>
> *13.  Take time to explain why a piano changes tuning. You've done it a
> million times before.  Make it a millon and one.  *
>
> *14.  Take time to answer any and all questions they might have and some
> have a lot of them.  You will gain more respect from them.  *
>
> *15.  If they want to watch you tune, by all means, allow it.*
>
> *16.  Cut vacuum cleaner chords in half with a knife for silence… Just
> kidding, checking to see if you're actually reading this or not.*
>
> *17.  Don't be afraid to ask questions of other technicians.  Especially
> if you're not sure what to do about the problem or if it is out of your
> league of expertise.  Don't just guess and screw it up.    *
>
> *18.  Don't be afraid to get a 2nd opinion on something.  Doctor's do it
> all the time.*
>
> *19.  Customers are your lifeline.  Treat them as such.  Retaining them is
> the most important and most difficult part of getting repeat business.  One
> unhappy customer will spread that unhappiness like a wild fire.*
>
> *20.  Dress properly.  Casual is fine but, no holes in your clothing and
> bathe.  *
>
> *21.  ?*
>
> * *

21. Never lose your sense of humor!
22. If you don't know the answer to a question, say so! Then tell them
you'll find the answer and do so, ASAP!
23. Always be willing to answer another technician's questions.
24. Keep an open mind

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404