[pianotech] Summer income

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 18 20:58:56 MST 2010

In the old days, if someone called me in the Summer, I did the job.
When the mortgage was paid off, and the bills were down, I would try
and talk people out of tuning in the Summer.
Off course there are always some, that had to be done for special
occasions.
Remember also that the cost of living is less here.
If I had a large mortgage, medical insurance etc. to pay, then I would
change my tune.
I have been very LUCKY, that things worked out the way I wanted.
I plan on doing other work in the Summer, restringing, new hammers etc.
I do take a month or two off in the summer.. I was away for 5 1/2
weeks when I drove out to the convention in Anaheim.
I hate working on a piano, and sweating, I am just plain
uncomfortable. I have an air conditioner in my shop for when it goes
over 70F.
Heat goes off in June, and back on in Sept. LOL
  Now that I am older I have some pension money I can count on as well.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.