[pianotech] Tuner's marks/cards

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 20:55:31 MST 2010

Thank you!

All the techs in Grand Rapids know where to look for the service records too because we all place them in the same places for easy access.

All of the good techs list what they did for themselves and for the client more than for the next guy, really.  We don't expect to lose the customer but, if we do, it happens, it is a nice record if properly kept up, is nice, neat and easy to read.

It is especially nice when the client forgets my name or number but yet, they know enough to open up the piano and where to look for it.   Free advertising…

I should have labeled this # 30 something.  I almost always leave a business card behind.  In churches or schools most often.  I have received many calls from people that picked it up from a piano.  "I was looking for a piano tuner and I found your card here."

I like it when the customer says, the piano was last tuned 2 years ago.  Um, not really, try, maybe, 4 years ago?  Naaaa, it hasn't been THAT long.  Uh huh, looky here!  Well, I'll be!  That's a cute little record you have there!  We can't fool you!

Jer