[pianotech] Bluthner 4th string

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 08:07:27 MST 2010

That's interesting.  It appears that the orientation of the aliquots is such
that the 4th string provides no additional bearing.  I think these may have
been removed because they were too noisy which makes me wonder if the gauge
and pitch were not correct.  If the lower treble strings are set to the same
frequency as the note rather than one octave higher they will really make a
lot of noise.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com