[pianotech] Balance rail profile [was Action Ratios Re...]

Jude Reveley (Absolute Piano) juderev at verizon.net
Wed Jan 20 10:19:53 MST 2010

Here is an example of a new balance rail that is parallel at rest but set-up
with a new key proportion at a half stroke intersect. One could also taper
the balance rail if the strike line is not parallel with the belly and make
a different profile for the sharps altogether (as seen on the new Mason CC).
There are many improvements to be made, but I'm finding the real challenge
to be finding the customers that are willing to pay for it. In the meantime,
I'm having fun...

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
www.absolute-piano.com