[pianotech] Incremental Upright Regulation

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 00:31:06 MST 2010

Floyd

Doing a lot of things to one octave might not be in the best interest for the customer. Instead of noticing all the things you have done, he might be disappointed that there is a difference in just that one octave.

When I've had a few extra minutes, I've spent it doing the same thing to the whole action, like lost motion, or let off, or leveling a few keys. etc.

It's one thing to maybe do one thing if you have the time. But what you're describing is several hours of work, for which you should be compensated. If anything, do what you did to one or two keys, and ask the customer if he can feel/hear a difference. Then, sell him on a complete action regulation job.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789