[pianotech] aluminum oxide?

James Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 22 23:05:53 MST 2010

I have noticed this film that is usually found on upright piano plate screws and capo bar screws.  I have also noticed that these screws are nickel plated and that the residue will rub off with a little bit of elbow grease.  I do not think that the screws are compromised in any way.  I think the problem is purely cosmetic.

Jim