[pianotech] best resources math/physics of piano

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Jan 23 12:57:55 MST 2010

Hi Zoe,

Your request is ambiguous: are you looking for books on math/physics of
construction, and math/physics of regulation/repair?  Or books on
regulation/repair and on math/physics of construction?

Anyway, after all this subtle semantical sophistry, I don't know any!
Wolfenden's "A Treatise On The Art Of Pianoforte Construction",
perhaps.  But textbooks of the math/physics of regulation/repair would
be a niche market indeed!

Repair and regulation books tend to be about the how-to, rather than the
math.  As I am sure you already knew. So, fat lot of use I am!

Best regards,

David Boyce