[pianotech] O.T. - Epic kludges

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jan 23 21:02:24 MST 2010

John Formsma wrote:
> Wow! Pathetic!
>
> Did you see the piano "repair"? A sharp was missing, so someone glued a
> pencil in its place? I forget what page it was on ... pretty far down
> the list.

Amateur! I found a fix once where someone had electrical taped
a piece of cardboard to a back check. The jack and flange was
missing altogether, and the cardboard served as a catcher
lever/ramp to, sort of, eventually, pry the assembly forward
so the hammer would more or less strike the string. A wonder
to behold! I was kind of impressed, in a "had to have been
there" sort of way.

Ron N