[pianotech] The pitch of Pianoforte?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 24 18:46:51 MST 2010

Hmmmm? And, why is that??? Is the maker incapable of redesigning it to be
tuned at 440cps and still maintain it's original tensions/sonority? Seems
pretty stupid to me, so enlighten me why this nonesense persists?? Thanks
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

After that, I
> >tend to use 435cps, if the piano is in good condition and the age is
between 1855
> >and 1880. These pitches, I have found, are reasonably "safe" to use.
However, one
> >should really assess the heft of the construction and basic integrity of
said
> >construction, before proceeding. If there is any question of the piano's
ability to
> >sustain these pitches, I recommend tuning the instrument @ A#=440cps.
That way,