[pianotech] catastrophic tuning collapse

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jan 26 10:05:58 MST 2010

This fear is already building for me.  The Liszt fest is coming to UNL the
first week of April.  The final big show will have 3 Liszt concertos all
in a row...all on the same piano. I'll have 15 minutes between them to
"touch up" the tunings. Previous days will have non-stop solo and small
ensemble works from 8 in the morning to 10 at night With just an hour at
lunch time.  Most of this music is Shumann and Chopin in celebration of
their 200th birthdays.  How do I keep from freaking out?

Paul