[pianotech] Schiller Piano Design

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Tue Jan 26 16:41:55 MST 2010

My feeble and foggy brain tells me that I once saw a small Chickering grand
once with a very similar set up.  About 12 years ago I rebuilt a 6' Julius
Bauer that had a separate inner and outer rim, with the added feature that
the plate set down in the space between the two rims and was bolted in place
around the rim.  Dale Erwin wrote in about a similar instrument a year or
two ago.  Mine didn't lose crown either - it had ribs on the top of the
panel as well as the bottom.  Decent sounding piano after the rebuild.

Will Truitt