[pianotech] Schiller Piano Design

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 17:02:19 MST 2010

In a message dated 1/26/2010 5:42:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
surfdog at metrocast.net writes:

My  feeble and foggy brain tells me that I once saw a small Chickering
grand
once with a very similar set up.  About 12 years ago I rebuilt a  6' Julius
Bauer that had a separate inner and outer rim, with the added  feature that
the plate set down in the space between the two rims and was  bolted in
place
around the rim.  Dale Erwin wrote in about a similar  instrument a year or
two ago.  Mine didn't lose crown either - it had  ribs on the top of the
panel as well as the bottom.  Decent sounding  piano after the rebuild.

Will Truitt

We put a new board in an 1890 Chickering 6'3" about 25 years ago. The
soundboard was glued to a series of bridges along the inner rim, and not at all
to the outer rim. The old board actually still had barely measurable crown.

Paul