[pianotech] Schiller Piano Design

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 17:51:17 MST 2010

Heavy plate, agraffes only in the bass,  a bit sparse on the beams.
Interesting 2 piece pinblock (bass section and tenor/treble section)
unattached to the rim or stretcher.  Dates from 1934.  Plate dowels 1-1.5
inches in height all around.  Very positive bearing on the front but a bit
too much negative bearing on the back for an overall bearing of about 1/3 of
a degree but easy to lower the plate from the rear in this case.  Haven't
plugged in the original scale design yet.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

Hi David,

I have some experience with Schillers, you probably also noticed the lack of
beams underneath and the extra heavy duty cast iton plate on top.

The piano is a Julius Bauer design and although similar in some respects to
the Juluis Bauer pianos it is different and unique in it's own way.

How old is it?

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404