[pianotech] key bushing problem

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:19:24 MST 2010

> So did you use the intermediate caul instead of the final caul
> for the
> second side of the bushing?  If so, that explains why it's
> loose.
> David Love
 >
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM, David Love
> <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> You're sure you used the final caul and not the intermediate
> caul at the
> end?  Otherwise, I'm not sure what could happened.  The trial
> method you
> state is the one that works for me.

No, I'm aware of the intermediate, final sequence. They're not
loose by much when I get done, but enough that they wouldn't
pass the PTG exam.  Plus, I feel they should end up on the tight
side, if anything, since that can be remedied by ironing or
easing.  Maybe both times I had extremely worn keypins or
mortises that had been over-eased by someone before me.
    --David Nereson, RPT