[pianotech] plate

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:09:21 MST 2010

Hi William,

Imagine an iron sound board.  wow that would be like lifting a battle ship. lol

I was also curious when you guys trip the jack when putting on bridel straps, do  you ever get some side playin the jack and it tends to want to lift the hammer next to it or two together.  This customer as I shake my head in dusgust doesn't want to put too much $$ into this piano and only wants me to do what is necessary to make it so his wife can practice onit. If it falls apart, he'll upgrade. He plans to eventually anyway. the piano is an old Harrington by Beckwith.  I'm leary about replacing every bridel strap because if I touch a jack the wrong way it will fall off. lol I take a small screw driver and gently trip the jack since the toe on tis action is tricky to get to.  I m concerned I'll have to spend even more time trying to keep this thing together.  It needs a complete overhall which they won't do.  I'm sorry I took this job which started out as two notes not playing, one unglued jack and one bridel strap replacement and turned into abut 22 replaced straps and about 6 or 7 reglued jacks.  I also had to glue a jack spring in the slot where it connects to the jack. Normally it just sits in there nice and snug.  I'll try not to breathe on the action for fear it will crumble.  I better not eat garlic later. lol

Marshall

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service