[pianotech] Multi-tool

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 05:20:10 MST 2010

>We use the raging,frightening Bolduc terrorist router saw to make
>our initial block cut along the stretcher

WhatI have done is to drill out the dowels at the inner rim with a spade bit.
Then pry the stretcher away from the block with chisels and cut the dowels
going between the two. Then jack up the block around the bass treble break
and whack the mid treble section downwards with a mallet and the bass end
pops off. This jacking and whacking technique was demonstrated by Bolduc.
The treble ends breaks free and therre you have it.
--

Regards,

Jon Page