[pianotech] Transporting a grand action

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Jan 31 09:44:44 MST 2010

Hi John,

We have two of these actions. One "lives" in a nice Steinway L in a
practice room and the other "lives" in the casket style box. Both were
made by Steinbuhler.  They were part of one of the piano faculty's study
toward her PhD. She has small hands.  We have lots of piano students, but
in my nearly 4 years here, not one has practiced on the L upstairs that I
know of.  The room works well for vocal practice, trombone,
flute.....anything but piano.  It's too bad too as this is a really nice
piano and these actions run something like $9-10K each!

Paul