[pianotech] Fender Rhodes

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 12:17:36 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM, <toddpianoworks at att.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Got a call from a customer wanting a tuning on a Fender Rhodes.  Apparently
> no one else around here can do it.
>
> Has anyone here ever tuned 'em?  What tool is needed?  Any help would be
> appreciated, thanks!
>
> Matthew

I tuned one many years ago & was advised how by an experienced tech.

He suggested making a tuning tool using a cheapie flatblade screwdriver
using a grinder to put a V in the center of the blade then putting the tip
of that balde, below the V in a vise & bending it to a 90 degree
angle.(hence the "cheap" screwdriver)

The V will catch on the tuning springs allowing you to pull or push as
needed for tuning.

Subtle small movements are the order of the day! DAMHIK

Good Luck

Mike

--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service