[pianotech] Reamer question

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Jun 4 06:33:02 MDT 2010

Personally, if I were not replacing the pin block I would not ream. I would
use thin CA glue. I've done a couple uprights like this with great success.
I just went up one size of pin and squirted a few drops of CA into the hole
before driving in the pin. They held fabulously and weren't too tight.

But if the piano is of any consequence, replace the block. It isn't that
hard, be good experience for you, and you can ask the list questions as you
go if you have any.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____