[pianotech] advertising

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 4 12:54:25 MDT 2010

I don't think Yellow Pages are as beneficial as they once were, with all the cell phone users.
I think that landline is on the decline.
Also it seems that there are other choices for telephone companies.
It seems to me, that there is a different telephone book for each company.
I have heard of some people having some success with Kijiji, an online resource for advertising your stuff for sale.
Up here, I have noticed that the advertised products other than cars and real estate, are almost non existent. Which leads me to believe that newspapers would have limited success.
Most people seem to still prefer a referral. Because calling someone from an advertisement, you have no idea of the expertise of the person, regardless of what he says his qualifications are.
It is definitely hard to get started.
Possibly it is different down there.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.