[pianotech] butterfuly grand

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jun 4 17:48:30 MDT 2010

Porritt, David wrote:
> Wow!  I've never seen that before.

That's the second one that did that to me.

>Been tuning a lot of really, really tight pins?

Pretty tight, but not enough to break tips. You've felt how
pins turn in my blocks, and your arms are still the same
length (I hope <G>). This tip gave up the ghost letting
tension down during tear down, with pins about average tight.
Nothing dramatic, it just suddenly quit turning pins. It's
interesting the way it split without pieces falling off. Looks
to me like the tempering wasn't just where it should have been.
Ron N