[pianotech] Beau Danker Pianos (kinda OT)

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sun Jun 6 10:01:42 MDT 2010

Ah yes.  The Beau Danker piano.  I darn near forgot about them Jon, with their resounding "Belch-O-the- Bass" Guernsey model.  Bovine keys as I recall came from golden gurley Guernseys because the grain was prettier than the BULLs.  They were the innovative leader in finishes as well with their BROWN walnut, BROWN mahogany and high gloss BROWN ebony that was dubbed the Holstein Hazard.  I guess the EPA came grazing by one day and told them to eliminate the neighborly gesture of perfuming the area with the smell of a wet Wisconsin Limousin drive.

That product line was sold to another manufacturer (Christy of Mantwok, south of Trivers and north of Shboygin) and me thinks they build musical cargo ships for the great lakes.  I'm told they're the Charolais of the industry.  Bully for them I say.

Well guys, I'm going to pop the top off of another Lakenvelder and watch the rain come down.  Anyone ever tune a piano in the rain?  ..........   in a cow pasture??

Retards, Lar

Lar, will you be keeping your premium line of
Beau Danker Pianos?
--

Regards,

Jon Page