[pianotech] Unknown Old Upright Mfr

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Jun 8 11:19:01 MDT 2010

Three for three say Kimball... I guess it's a Kimball!  That'd make it 1899
mfr.

@Patrick, nope, no pinblock... it pulled up just fine from 150¢ flat (with
only two broken strings in high treble.) I do realize that the coils are
about as close to the pinblock as possible, but gee, is it worth it? I think
not.

I'm shaping hammers, replacing hammer flanges, butt springs, and bridle
tapes. (Someone already replaced the bridle tapes once... some are corks,
most are clips, and most are pretty short.) Also some incidental felt to
quiet jack return slap. A little body work, too, to repair the front
hold-ons.

Thanks all...
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN